Quantcast

Advanced Search - Site Assistance

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by guest, Nov 28, 2012.

1. guest

guest Active Member

When I do an advanced search, including a user's name and the word "hollywood", I get this one result. http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/...io-co-star-reviews-your-hands-experience.html

But it's 90 pages long! What kind of a search engine is that? How do I narrow the search down to the one post in the 90 pages of posts that contains the word "hollywood"? Thank you.

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Hopefully a forum administrator/moderator can offer some useful search suggestions.

I can offer a few suggestions from my observations:

1) Sometimes just doing a regular Google search will give better results than using the forum search tool.

2) If you go to a specific section of the forum you can limit your search to only that section be clicking where it says "search thread" in the grey bar near the top of the thread. To search the entire forum enter your search query into the box in the green bar (next to where it says "Go") at the very top of the forum.

3) If your search involves multiple words - try using quotation marks at the beginning and end of your search query.

• Like Like x 2