Quantcast

AdRise Raises $2 Million To Put Video (And Ads) On More Connected TVs

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by CatfishRivers, Oct 16, 2012.

1. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

AdRise Raises $2 Million From Foundation Capital To Put Video (And Ads) On More Connected TVs | TechCrunch (click for full article)

"Roku, Samsung, LG, Google TV - with all these connected devices in the market, it was only a matter of time before users started to, you know, hook them up and watch streaming video on them. That's finally starting to happen, although a bit more slowly then some would like.

There's just one problem. Making apps for all those different devices isn't easy, and monetizing those videos is even harder. AdRise hopes to provide a solution, by building cross-platform apps that can be watched on multiple different devices, as well as an ad delivery service for monetization. And it's raised a $2 million funding round led by Foundation Capital to do so."

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

I noticed that nine of the GTV Spotlight web apps are currently run by Adrise. These include:

ADC, Asian Crush, Comedy Time, Metatube, Snag Films, The Astrologer, The New Content, Vanguard, and Watch Mojo.

I haven't tried all of them. However I tried Vanguard and Snag Films (from the GTV Spotlight section) - and I noticed that the regular web versions of Vanguard and Snag Films have less advertisements (compared to the GTV Spotlight versions).