Quantcast

Adjusting STB IR button "press" length?

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by mogul, Dec 24, 2011.

1. mogul

mogul New Member

I've set up my PS3 as a generic STB (with the Logitech Harmony PS3 add-on).

I'm noticing that when I'm on the PS3 ("Live TV" from the Revue's perspective), pressing a directional button gets me two presses
    more often than not, bouncing me around the PS3's cross media bar. If I send the PS3 IR directly, eg from my Harmony remote, there's no bouncing.

So there seems to be a problem with how the Revue is sending IR to control the PS3. For the Harmony remote on my PC, I can adjust not only the inter-key delay, but how long the IR signal should be sent, which is how I'd normally deal with this; I'd make it send shorter signals.

The Revue only seems to have a slider for the inter-key delay. Does anyone know of any way to adjust the "press length" to avoid the double-taps I'm frequently seeing with the directional pad?

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

You'd have to contact Logitech Technical Support so that they can adjust the IR protocol in your Revue's Harmony component appropriately. Fine tuning the repeats of the IR protocol is out of our control.

3. mogul

mogul New Member

You think they'd be willing to do that on an individual basis for a $99 box they've effectively discontinued??

4. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Yes, they still do it for the Harmony Remotes models which have been long discontinued. The information is in your Harmony profile and it doesn't take much effort to change it.

5. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

If you set up the PS3 as a generic STB by teaching IR codes to the Revue – you maybe pressing too long on the remote keys while teaching (double codes) .

Try this,
    Remove the PS3 generic STB from Revue & redo it, but this time do quick press on the remote keys while teaching IR codes.

See more Tips here --> http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/...e-gtv2-0-ui-pq-netflix-apps-quick-review.html

Good Luck!

6. gottahavit

gottahavit New Member

Are you sure the issue is in the "send" and not the "receive"? are you using the keyboard or your harmony remote to control your GTV? I'm having similar issue with my revue and my directv receiver, but ONLY when arrowing with my harmony remote through the Revue. It occasionally happens with the GTV interface as well when controlling with the harmony remote. I am attempte to tweak the harmony remote timings.

7. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

Could be IR interference,

See -> Tip: For IR interference Harmony / universal Remote Control

Good Luck!