Quantcast

adding apps

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by bukzin, Oct 4, 2011.

1. bukzin

bukzin New Member

[HR][/HR]Super newbie here...

I have seen the lists of various apps which run on my Revue
    but how do I download them?

Does this add its icon to 'applications page' ?

Thanks for the help!

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

There is currently no way to 'officially' download new apps yet. We will have this functionality when the GTV Honeycomb update is released. This is supposed to occur in 3 to 4 weeks. There is an unofficial leaked version of Honeycomb available - but I wouldn't recommend it because you might end up 'bricking' your Revue.

We do currently have some pre-installed apps and some web apps (sites designed especially for Google TV - in the Google TV Spotlight section). The Pandora app in the apps section is pretty good. There is also a Netflix app and a few others. (The only one I've used is Pandora).

To start an app from the GTV apps page (or the Google TV Spotlight section) - just maneuver your cursor to highlight the app you want - and then click on the app that you want - and it will start.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2011
  3. bukzin

bukzin New Member

• Like Like x 2
  4. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Yes, that video is does illustrate how to install apps with a Android 3.1 (Honeycomb) operaing system. Unfortunately, the Android 2.1 (Eclair) on the Revue cannot perform that task. Also, sideloading the apps as described in the video does not guarantee they will work. There are application limitations that will prevent compatibility depending on the developer's implementation.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2014
    • Like Like x 2