Quantcast

"Add to TV Queue" never shows up

Discussion in 'Google Chromecast' started by RobinD42, Aug 9, 2013.

1. RobinD42

RobinD42 New Member

Hi All,

I've been fighting with the Android YouTube app and ChromeCast. I get the cast button and am able to cast 1 video to the tv, but the area at the bottom of the screen never shows the queue controls like I see in the demo videos. All it ever says is "Find a video to play on [ChromeCastName]" Also, I'm unable to control the playback position, pause/stop or the volume of the youtube video from the android device, and at the top of the screen in the video pane it always says "Connecting..." with the spinning wait indicator, and apparently never connects anywhere.

Has anybody seen something like this and figured out how to make it work? It happens on both my phone and my tablet.

Help!

2. RobinD42

RobinD42 New Member

It seems to be some sort of network communication issue. If I use an access point outside of my firewall protected local network then the TV Queue feature works fine. That's not a good long term solution though because the protection is there for a reason, but it at least gives me a better clue of what direction to look for the source of the problem.