Quantcast

Acer Chromebox CXI Coming In September For $180 And Up (Updated: Now Available)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by CatfishRivers, Aug 21, 2014.

1. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Acer Chromebox CXI coming in September for $180 and up - Liliputing (click for full article)

by Brad Linder - August 21, 2014

-- Acer is launching its first desktop computer powered by Google’s Chrome OS. The Acer Chromebox CXI Series will be available in the US and Canada starting in late September, and Acer is targeting education and business customers, but the computers will be available for anyone interested in a cheap, small Chrome OS computer.

An Acer Chromebox CXI with 2GB of RAM will sell for $180 (or $199 in Canada), while a 4GB model will sell for $220 in the US and $239 in Canada.

Both models feature an Intel Celeron 2957U Haswell processor, 16GB of solid state storage, four USB 3.0 ports, Gigabit Ethernet, 802.11a/b/g/n WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0, and n SD card reader. The systems have HDMI and DisplayPort output and come with a mouse and keyboard optimized for Chrome OS.

See more at: Acer Chromebox CXI coming in September for $180 and up - Liliputing

2. CatfishRivers

3. CatfishRivers

I like the fact that the Acer Chromebox comes with a keyboard optimized for Chrome OS - I just wish that instead of a mouse this would come with a trackpad on the optimized keyboard.

I think for people using this for business purposes a mouse is fine - but for those wanting to use this as a home theater type of device or for casual web browsing on the home TV - a mouse isn't the ideal solution.

4. CatfishRivers

5. CatfishRivers

I noticed the Acer Chromebox costs a bit more than the Asus & HP Chromeboxes - with the main differences being that the Acer model supports WiDi and QuickSync.