Quantcast

Accuweather works?

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by drweb, Dec 26, 2011.

1. drweb

drweb New Member

I've seen a few times now that Accuweather has been enabled for Google TV. However, when I go to the market or search on my Revue, it says incompatible or I can't install it. Wonder what's up with that? Anyone got it ok?

Best,
    DrWeb

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Most likely the Android Market hasn't caught up with their announcement yet. Check the dates below. I'd recommend contacting the developer for more information if this app is important to you.

Apparently they have multiple versions of this app in the Android Market. I think this is the one they were referring since the dates and description matches, which means the URL in their announcement might have been inadvertently truncated. I guess it is possible that they goofed up the AndroidManifest.XML file like the NBA boys.

• Like Like x 2
  3. drweb

drweb New Member

Thanks, eferz.. I'd seen that posting, press release etc., but I'll keep checking. Would be a "nice to have," but not that important. I guess that makes (when they fix it) 51 Google TV-enhanced apps :)
    Happy Holidays,
    DrWeb

• Like Like x 2
  4. rusch222

rusch222 New Member

I searched tonight and found accuweather in the market. The application looks great, however, I cannot get the widget to work properly. This is what I really am looking forward to.

5. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Nice. You should try Beautiful widgets. It offers similar type of weather widgets except much more customizable.

6. drweb

drweb New Member

Thanks for the tip and heads-up. Got Accuweather, nicely done. As an aside, I switched out my cablebox for a Smartcard for a new TiVo Premiere XL, but that ends up making my GoogleTV no longer able to have a feed of my cable services. Does anybody know a workaround/other solution? I guess I could still keep the digital box (hadn't returned it yet), and use it just for GoogleTV. Or, just have over-the-air antenna services, but that's a lot less content that my cable subscription.
    Best,
    DrWeb

7. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

This is way off-topic but since you started the thread... There's no reason why Google TV won't be able to give you, your service provider's data just because you're using a Tivo Premiere. Go into the GTV Settings > TV Source > Edit Configuration > Edit channel lineup and select the choices appropriately.

8. halox

halox New Member

I think you meant to say "weather or not you're using a TiVo Premiere."

There ... I put you guys back on topic.