Quantcast

Accessing Bookmarks/Favorites

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by sprank1, Jan 8, 2011.

1. sprank1

sprank1 New Member

Hello again,

I can't find the answer to this question - so I thought I would ask.

Is there a shortcut for Bookmarks? I know the * key will add a bookmark, but what I am looking for is a way to show my current bookmarks/favorites while in the Chrome Browser. The only way I can figure out to do that currently is to go back to the "home" screen and then go to bookmarks.

I can't believe there isn't a way to bring up a list of bookmarks while you are still in the browser. Am I missing something? I have checked all the lists of keyboard shortcuts I could find and I haven't found anything that does that.

Thanks.

2. jit

jit New Member

I found Symbaloo | Access your bookmarks anywhere to be an excellent method of organizing and utilizing bookmarks for GTV.
    Create a Delicious.com account (free), import your bookmarks after saving the from your export utility in your web browser, then create Symbaloo.com. account (free) and use there tool (at top of page) to import them from delicious.
    I then organized bookmarks into separate "webmix" labels in Symbaloo.
    Seems to work great for accessing and managing your bookmarks for GTV. You basically need just one bookmark for revue and can access all your content from there. There also is an addon for mozilla firefox that will automatically add a bookmark to Symbaloo for your currently opened web page. Symbaloo also seems to be a cool way to browse and search the web.
    Symbaloo seems new and has some issues that need working out but they are very responsive to emails. This method seems far superior to current method offered for bookmark management.