Quantcast

ABC, CBS, NBC, TBS, etc....

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by Gamac1996, May 26, 2012.

1. Gamac1996

Gamac1996 New Member

Is there a way to watch these on Google TV?

Thank you!!

2. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

Try Playon if you have an older computer or Plex if you have a modern computer. Both will install on a computer that acts as a server to serve and stream the channels to your google tv via streaming it from the net to your computer and then from your computer to your google tv.

Playon can be found at PlayOn lets you watch movies, shows, live sports and more from over 35 channels like Hulu, Netflix, Comedy Central, PBS on your TV with your Wii, PS3, Roku, Xbox, and more. | PlayOn
    While Plex can be found at Download Plex for Windows - Make sure you install Plex Media Server and not Plex Media Center to get the server working and the channels are addable via their channels category.

3. BobinVA

BobinVA Member

I'm able to watch PBS and NBC. Unfortunately,NBC's media player sometimes freezes,locks the screen,or goes to audio mode only. PBS does lack in closed captioning but gives good video.

There was a very short period in early May in which one could access CBS shows. At the present time,I get the message, "video not available on this device".

Can't view ABC either.

I can view programs from Lifetime Network also. I'm a fan of America's Most Wanted,which appears on Lifetime. The "menu"
    option on Lifetime's media player doesn't have an option for closed captioning.

You Tube periodically features a supposed hack to access "blocked network content". The problem with this hack is that it features NBC,which can be accessed with difficulty (see above) and is for an earlier version of Google TV.

I hope one day we'll be able to watch videos from the major networks on Google TV.

(Owner of 24" GTV)

4. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

BobinVA,
    your tagline says you own a 24 inch google tv , so why don't you just hook up an antenna to that sucker and scan for channels that you may not be able to get on the net? Why watch them on the net if an antenna works? Just wondering.