Quantcast

A way to make googletv a for sure success ...LISTEN UP GOOGLETV PEOPLE

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by wolfpk1, Nov 21, 2011.

1. wolfpk1

wolfpk1 New Member

I can see great advantages of the googletv platform. I have the sony blueray player version and what googletv needs to satisfy every user is a simplified kylo style navigation bar that pops up from the bottom with a kylo style popup onscreen keyboard so that everything can be controled with a wireless mouse...nothing else needed. I recently downloaded the kylo browser to my computer and found myself using it instead of googletv and all i needed was my wireless mouse. I found myself wishing for it on the googletv. Right now I cant navigate very well on it. To use my little sony keyboard is a joke....I have to number one turn on the light first...then find my glasses so i can see the little digits on it and use two hands...my god who thought of this contraption.....all i want to do is use an onscreen keyboard with a cordless mouse to do everything in the dark without having to turn on the light. With kylo on my computer thats all I need. I can magnify the screen easily go forward backward home refresh and type in stuff. I cant do any of that very easy on googletv....no onscreen keyboard no easy way to magnify the screen on internet pages....why not use a double mouse click like news 360 does to magnify ,it works great....why no navigation bar without having to go to the top of the screen and click menu then navigate...come on people look at the kylo navigation bar thats all we need...dont make everything complicated. Give me a way out of everything using a mouse dont force me to look for the little keyboard to hit the enter or the back button because there is no mouse option and Im stuck without a navigation option...so hey everyone would love the googletv with a kylo style navigation bar at the bottom that pops up controled only with a cordless mouse with dedicated copy and paste buttons which kylo does not have...so you want people to love googletv.....this is how you do it....thanks wolfpk1

Last edited: Nov 21, 2011
  2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

I'm going to assume that Wolfie is visually impaired. Hopefully, that will explain the reason for needing to increase the text to a ridiculous size. Anyways, those of you who might actually be interested in what the Kylo Browser is here are three videos to help you understand what he is referring to in his dissertation.

My favorite of course is the bottom video. Personally, I think typing with an air mouse is a pretty novel idea. I just wouldn't want to do it at all. That's why I don't own a Wii.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2014
  3. les anderson

les anderson New Member

My understanding is that the next generation of hardware is going to address these types of concerns. Sony is apparently working on a new, simplified controller.

4. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Typing with an onscreen keyboard is a pain in the a**. No thanks.

5. wolfpk1

wolfpk1 New Member

I have to go to work soon and dont have much time but...I thank you for responding to my thread...as for the large text size ...it just looked good on my bigscreen from my easy chair about 8 to 10 feet away.....which is where i watch and use my googletv ...all the time....i am not visually impaired althought i am older and have to use reading glasses....but as for using an actual keyboard instead of an onscreen one think about it....what am i typing in all the time ....a search word...for a tvshow utube video or an internet page.....im watching my bigscreen from a chair ...looking for movies,tvshows,perhaps an internet page...im not sitting at a desk writting a book....the last thing i need is a physical keyboard. i have been using the onscreen keyboard with a wireless mouse for at least a year with windows on my tv it works great.....this is how most people will be using the googletv and i think its great ..better than a computer on tv ..but everytime i want to enter text i have to search for a keyboard...and i cant copy and paste text easily or magnify my screen easily which is all you want to do while your at a distance watching your tv . All you need is better software no hardware needed i have all the hardware i need....i was wondering if there is anyway to enable the android touch keyboard which is already running in my googletv to be used with a wireless mouse from my chair...any ideas on that. i know people have different views of what they need out of googletv but mine is simple ...i would be satisfied with a kylo style navigation bar with an onscreen keyboard with easy magnify and copy and paste buttons.....thats all......how do i know this ...because i have already discovered how easy it is to use with my computer with kylo compared to trying to use googletv. thanks for your responses.

• Like Like x 2