Quantcast

A real bug - Neflix player will not start

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by pgoelz, Dec 15, 2011.

1. pgoelz

pgoelz New Member

This seems to be a genuine bug. Not sure if it is the Netflix player yet or perhaps something wrong in the power management features in the Andriod OS itself.

After watching a video and stopping it before the end, if you come back some time later and if in the mean time the internet connection is lost and restored, the player will not start. If you try to start it you get a blank black screen. What seems to get it going is activating another app or switching to TV and then back.

Not sure if this is strictly a player issue or whether it is actually a power management issue.

Also, a second minor issue.... the sync between video and audio seems to drift back and forth. Sometimes it is a couple hundred mS off, and sometimes it is perfect.

Paul

2. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

Try to clear Netflix App data/cashe from Setting > "Manage Applications" - re- sign-in / Netflix Acc.

As far as audio/ video sync, that's more likely a title issue (bad encoding)from Netflix.

Good luck!

3. pgoelz

pgoelz New Member

Are you suggesting that I clear the cache every time I stop the player or just as a diagnostic tool?

As for the encoding, I'm not sure that is the problem. Prior to the update, I do not recall any sound sync issues on the same series of videos.

Paul

4. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

- just as a diagnostic tool!

- I do get titles now and then w/ bad encoding- which title w / audio-video sync, I'll check it?

more tips -> http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/...e-gtv2-0-ui-pq-netflix-apps-quick-review.html

Last edited: Dec 15, 2011