Quantcast

A possible Netflix app work around...

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by Scuzzo, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Scuzzo

Scuzzo Active Member

ok, netflix revue app work around..
    its not perfect but it seems to have about 80% success at least its way better then the 50% it was working at,,

1. download the app.. Advanced task killer.. i believe that its all those little background task are putting a load on the cpu.. you can see this in effect if you go Picture in Picture and then start loading up apps.. there will be a slugish response... so thats my theory at least..
    now... put the advanced task killer widget on the home screen.. and before you load up net flix.. hit that sucker a few times... then load the net flix app.. i find that 200 and better meg of free mem seem to work for me...

2. when loading the net flix app.. if you get a half buffer bar and the movie starts... stop the show and reload the movie.. its more stable when you get a full buffer bar all red...

3. if you still get the "we are not...." go into review settings and under network disconnect and reconnect the wifi.. and hit task widget a few times, reload netflix and dont watch the show untill you get a full buffer...

im not sure if any of this will work for any one but im pretty happy with the results.. you may still get the "We are not...." may be much less frequent..

worked for me....

2. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

Hi

I've found some of the Apps I use did not respond well to be killed so often. What I've found works best, is to let the movie load. Don't worry if it half loads. Once it starts to play a few scenes, just use the directional key to rewind, and the movie will load fully.

I'm only talking about two or three frames into the movie. For me it's easier than backing out and reloading. I watched 8 episodes of a show and saw the error msg a couple times. I think no matter what we do, we will see the error from time to time. There are just too many variables between the cause, ie., our units, the App, or Netflix's Bandwidth.

There will always be times when I know I just gotta Reboot.

Carl

3. odsamuels

odsamuels New Member

Is this happening for you guys on both wired and wireless?

4. Carlszone

I'm wired.

5. Scuzzo

Scuzzo Active Member

wireless via comcast cable internet.. linksys router..

6. odsamuels

odsamuels New Member

What kinda router you using Carlszone? Our you going straight from your cable/DSL modem or switch into your box?

7. Carlszone

Straight from the Cable modem.