Quantcast

A New Way To Watch TV

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by thekylesouza, Oct 12, 2012.

1. thekylesouza

thekylesouza New Member

Hey all,

I was wondering if you could give me your thoughts on Networks - ANWTWTV. Four Networks are fully funtional right now (AMC, Bloomberg (with live feed), GSN, and USA). The other networks listed will be functional by the end of this month, History, H2, We, and Bio by the start of next week.
    The Vision of A New Way To Watch TV is to provide a single website for smart TV users (currently optimized for Google TV, but accessible on other platforms including mobile devices and workstations) which aggregates full-form content from multiple quality syndicated sources, primarily TV networks, movie studios, and online stations. The purpose of which is to allow people without cable or satellite subscriptions or a physical antenna to watch full length content as well as allow those with a cable or satellite subscription or a physical antenna to view web-only, previously aired, or provider limited content. Full-form content is defined here as content produced to be consumed as a whole; and while may be a part of a series is not an excerpt, portion, or selection of a larger distinct product meant to be produced and/or distributed as a single piece. Full-form content includes full-length episodes, minisodes, webisodes, short films, and movies.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

Hi

It took a while but USA played well once it got started. The Full Screen mode worked great. For now it isn't much use to me as I'm now on cable, but I know my cable company will piss me off again and it's nice to know I'll have more options the next time I dump em.

Thank you!!!

Carl

3. chopper

chopper Active Member

Is this legal or will it be shut down shortly?

4. thekylesouza

thekylesouza New Member

Carl: it does work on mobile devices as well, so that may be useful, also if you miss a show you can use it as a catch up service.
    Chopper: it is all on the up and up.

5. BrettDaren

BrettDaren New Member

Thanks for guiding the way to watch TV differently