Quantcast

A little info GS8

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by overtimeman, Jun 9, 2013.

1. overtimeman

overtimeman Active Member

Last edited: Jun 9, 2013
  2. Sean0977

Sean0977 New Member

I'm glad that Sony is continuing to put out Google TV hardware, but I wish the software would be updated as well. People outside the U.S still don't have the ability to use the PrimeTime app. Which was one of the major factors in my decision to buy the NSZ-GS7. I love the universal search capabilities of Google TV, but I want to be able to use it to its full potential.

3. overtimeman

Looking at the specs it does support flash.Nothing about the processor or if it's going to have 2G to run the operating system on.Maybe more info as time goes on.

4. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

The box looks the same as the NSZ-GS7 to me. If the box was any different, I would expect a different appearance which means I still believe the NSZ-GS8 is the same with the exception of including the voice control remote, the NSG-MR7U. I think the GS7 is a great box and I understand this marketing move.

5. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

The fact that it supports Flash will mean nothing once the GTV Jellybean update rolls out.

Also the blog said this:

"Google TV's Google Chrome browser lets you search the internet. Not a few select sites; the internet. "

Ha! Googles regular version of Gmail doesn't even currently work with this wonderful Chrome browser that's supposed to get the full internet..... After the Jellybean update I expect the standard Gmail will be working again on GTV. But then there will be lots of Flash content that is not accessable. Also Miscrosoft Silverlight is not supported. Really IMO Sony/Google should stop this harping about GTV getting the "full internet" - as this claim almost borders on false advertising. Oh and then there are the blocked sites.....

Last edited: Jun 9, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  6. drhill

drhill Member

Says 1.2 ghz processor. Probably the same. Maybe a ram upgrade?

Specs says not TrueHD or DTS support. No surprise... scumbags. 3D only mentioned for camcorders. Shame they cripple the hardware. Maybe NDK support will start unlocking features. Also wish someone would release a blu ray version again.

7. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

8. overtimeman

Looks like some old rehash from the GS7.Time will tell.At least we know it's coming.It's still a few weeks away and maybe some real info will come out about the GS8.If the remote is the only difference this too will be a sales failure!

9. tfid

tfid New Member

More lies:
    The motion sensors in the remote. Are there ANY programs that use the motion sensors on GTV?
    Access to Google play. What good is access to GP if it uses Honeycomb OS?

The older devices I can understand were made before JB or even ICS, but to put out NEW devices like the Asus Cube or the GS8 without an OS upgrade is ridiculous.