Quantcast

A few problems with my Sony NSZ-GS7

Discussion in 'Sony's NSZ-GS8 / NSZ-GS7' started by Bcre8iv, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Bcre8iv

Bcre8iv New Member

In the settings there is an option to power down the sony when it is inactive, however it never shuts off.
    Also in settings there is an option for when the tv shuts off, it should also shut off the Sony unit at the same time, this doesn't work either.

Anyone else have these issues? Is there any fix?

2. halox

halox New Member

• Like Like x 2
  3. Silasrye

Silasrye New Member

I think it might be linked with the fast start-up option. I had to disable it because I could never get a fresh boot with it on.

Try disabling that.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

4. rhippler

rhippler New Member

Some of these are dependent on how and what you have it hooked to. My TiVo never shuts down so I doubt that the gtv would either since there is an active signal on one of the ports. As far as getting a fresh boot you can always press ctrl shift delete on the remote to do a reboot.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

5. Bcre8iv

Bcre8iv New Member

I have it hooked up in between a Samsung cable box (time warner cable) and a Samsung 36" LED TV.
    Not sure if my tv supports CEC because I don't see it any of the menu settings.

I'm not using the IR blaster as the remote will turn on my tv, sony box, and cable box -- Although to turn on the cable box I have to be on "live tv" then go into settings and advanced settings to turn on the cable box.

6. Bcre8iv

Bcre8iv New Member

I have it hooked up in between a Samsung cable box (time warner cable) and a Samsung 36" LED TV.
    Not sure if my tv supports CEC because I don't see it any of the menu settings.

I'm not using the IR blaster as the remote will turn on my tv, sony box, and cable box -- Although to turn on the cable box I have to be on "live tv" then go into settings and advanced settings to turn on the cable box.

7. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

So, if Anynet+ & HDMI-CEC are not enabled in the TV & GS7 that 'd explains when turning TV off , GS7 doesn't.

Samsung cable box needs to be turned off (cut the active signal) for GS7 to be inactive.

Samsung calls it Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) look under TV settings > Media play > setup >
    Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC): ON
    Auto turn Off : yes
    (something like that)

your TV may also have a setting option to turn it self off (when inactive) after 15 min, but that 'd be the same issue uless all hdmi active signals are off/cut.
    Anyway when it comes to "HDMI-CEC" there is more to it, so try to list make/ model of all HDMI connected devices on your setup if you need more info.

have fun :)

8. halox

halox New Member

See. Toldja this is something that Revue5 typically answers.