Quantcast

A BIG Thank You!

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by Jacksmyname, Oct 3, 2011.

1. Jacksmyname

Jacksmyname Member

Hi all.
    I just want to say, to those of you who really know the Google TV stuff........................
    THANK YOU!

Especially to eferz.

eferz , you're always there (here) with help and info and how to's for those of us just learning.

Not only here, but on other forums also.

Thanks buddy. You really help make this whole thing a lot of fun.

Jack

• Like Like x 2
  2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Aww, shucks! *blush* You're welcome. I'm glad to be around to help. As I said before, I do get a little bit of satisfaction helping and teaching people from my past knowledge and experiences. So, thank you all for letting an old man feel useful.

3. Jacksmyname

Jacksmyname Member

I know what you mean, eferz.
    I got my first computer in 1999. I was 50 years old, and a TOTAL greenhorn with computers.
    Now, at age 62, it makes me feel kind of good when I can help someone else with a computer problem (although I still consider myself a greenhorn).
    I've posted in the past that the Revue works great for us. We just wanted a device that would allow us to browse the internet as we would on a desktop PC. For that purpose, it works great. We use it every day, with no issues (although I do wish they'd correct the audio issues already).
    Obviously, we can do much more with our PCs, but sometimes it's nice to just sit back on the sofa and surf. The Revue does that just fine.
    We used the free trials of Netflix and Amazon, and both worked fine. We haven't decided yet on which one we want (maybe both). Still exploring the "stuff" that comes with the Revue (the Spotlight items).
    Because of the Revue, we were able to reduce our cable bill by $85/month. We stll get our local channels in HD, the news channels (FOX, CNN, etc.), and Turner Classics (which we watch a lot). My movie collection numbers over 500 (DVD, Blu Ray, HD-DVD), not counting TV shows and specials such as "Planet Earth". We have the entire "Lost" series on Blu Ray, the original "Star Trek" series on Blu Ray, among some others. So with all that, basic cable, and the Revue we have plenty of things to watch. I'm also comparing what DirecTV offers in the same price range we're at now with cable. Our cable company is a local outfit, and quite pricey for what the give us.
    I've been a movie lover since I was a very young kid, and I was a bit leary about cutting back so much on cable (mostly movie channels). But with the Revue and your ever present help, it's been painless.
    However, when Honeycomb gets here, I'm sure there will be much more we'll want to do and probably run into some glitches.
    That's why I always read every thread here, even if it doesn't pertain to what we have.
    Why? Because I know you'll be here with help and that help just might be something we need.

Thanks again, eferz. We REALLY appreciate your participation here.

• Like Like x 2