Quantcast

80% of my apps on Galaxy Note or GE Arc, working fine on GTV

Discussion in 'Google TV Apps' started by kjellf, Dec 22, 2011.

1. kjellf

kjellf New Member

I simply took a backup of my apps on the phones and copied to a USb Stick, which I mounted on GTV (Revue).
    I systematicallly installed them and tested and for the most they work:
    g+, facebook, google docs, box, dropbox, deezer, google music, feedly, and 30 more.
    Be awere that the total capasity of the memory is approx 500Mb, so you have to clear cash and release memory if you install to many apps.
    Using web browser alternativ (g+, gmail, calendar etc. is a goood alternativ to some apps)
    give it a try. just uninstall apps not working.
    GTV say that mostly all the apps are incompatibil to GTV, but thar dosnt matter if they works!

2. odsamuels

odsamuels New Member

Can you list out what the 30 more is? It may be beneficial to some of us who have been searching for working apps.

Thanks.

3. kjellf

kjellf New Member

I installed LauncherPro with 6 screens:
    Travel, Office, Music/radio, TV, News, Market/System
    You chose number of rows and colums.
    On each screen I use a mix of Folders (Flights, places, weather etc), icons for apps, and bookmarks for services in browser (Chrome)

ASTRO file manager and ASTRO SMB module is a vital tool. From my Galaxy Note, I make a backup of my apps and use ASTRO to copy the backups to my home server (it could be my PC). I install ASTRO on GTV from a flach stick, and with a working ASTRO with SMB module, I copy the apps from my network location down to GTV's download folder. From here apps can be installed with ASTRO file manager.

Every day I find new apps to install. I make a backup on Galaxy Note, Copy to network drive. In GTV copy from network drive and install. I test apps after installation. If not working, I give them a second try. Still not working, just delete!

To avoid to many apps eat up GTV memory, consider using chrome to optain a reasonable good solution. I bookmark services: SlingPlayer, Spotlight, WwiTV, Picasaweb, Gmail, Calendar, Contacts.

Currently These apps have been downloaded and installed with the metod described:
    4shared, AbleRemote, AirDroid, AppCashCleaner, AppyGeek, ASTRO, ASTRO SMB Module, BeautifulWidgets, CNN, Deezer, Docs (Google), Elixir2, Evernote, EZ StreamTV, Facebook, Feedly, FlightInfoNorway, Flights at Spanish airports, FlightTrack, Google Reader, Google Translate, Google+, HelsinkiVantaa, IP Camera Lite, LauncherPro, Live365, Maps (Google), MarineTraffic, Music (Google), Nordea (scandiavian banking), NorgeAviser (Norwegian Newspapers) OI FileManager (needed for copying files from flash stick before Astro installed), OnTheFly (iata), Plex, PowerBrowser, PowerOffice, QuickofficePro, S2CalendarWidget, Skyscanner, Streetview, TechNews, TripAdvisor, Tv.nu, Twitter, UnitConverter, Wapedia, WolfranAlpha, Wordscope Webcams.

Find an easy method to backup, copy, install apps you like, and try them out on your GTV. Latest versions will probably work better, so update your favorites apps now and then.