Quantcast

55LA7400 with a Sony Soundbar HT-CT260H using ARC

Discussion in 'LG Internet TV' started by t3dfish, Jan 13, 2014.

1. t3dfish

t3dfish New Member

I am having audio issues with my Sony soundbar HT-CT260H hooked up via HDMI(ARC) to my LG 55LA7400 TV.
    I have 1 High speed HDMI cable going from the HDMI 1(ARC) port in the TV to the HDMI(ARC) port into the soundbar.
    I have my cable box plugged into the HDMI 2 port on the TV.
    I have my DVD player plugged into the HDMI 3 port on the TV.
    I have the soundbar set to HDMI(ARC). I turn on the TV and I get a picture, but the sound is from the TV Audio and not the soundbar.
    I then go into the settings for the TV and change the audio setting to HDMI/ARC and I still have picture, but no audio at all.
    I then go into the INPUT LIST on the TV and click on SIMPLINK and turn the SIMPLINK function to 'On'. I get audio from the soundbar, but only for 5 seconds and then it reverts back to Audio from the TV. Sometimes it will switch back and forth from the soundbar back to the TV a few times but will never stay with audio from the soundbar.
    Any ideas?

2. Fomol620

Fomol620 Active Member

First off, this is a Google TV forum not an LG TV forum.....

ill still try and help...

...i would say that your soundbar is defective....or the TV is defective....do you have another soundbar (that uses ARC) or another TV that outputs via ARC?

3. t3dfish

t3dfish New Member

May I point out that the Title of this forum is 'LG Internet TV', which I do have. Thanks for trying to help.

4. Fomol620

Fomol620 Active Member

on a website called googletvforum ? lol. but yes, try those simple trouble shooting steps and will then know where the issue is coming from...may i also suggest you use optical instead of ARC...