Quantcast

3D YouTube Video through Google TV doesn't work

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by halox, Jan 14, 2012.

1. halox

halox New Member

Hmmmm ... Trying to figure this one out.

Whenever I try to watch a 3D YouTube video on my Revue box, the video is just BLACK. I can hear the audio, but no picture. Happens in the Chrome Browser as well as YouTube app. (And in the Chrome Browser, it doesn't seem to matter if I'm set to DEFAULT or GENERIC)

Doesn't seem to matter what mode I put the 3D in on the YouTube player - Side by Side, Red/Blue, etc.

A while back, I remember I used to be able to watch 3D vids in "Side-by-Side" mode on my TiVo YouTube app, and set my Samsung 3D TV to interpret the signal correctly for free 3D.

But on the Revue, no go. Even if you don't have a 3D TV, you could probably still test it out to see if you get a black screen or not.

Thanks in advance.

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Currently the Chrome browser on GTV doesn't support YouTube 3D videos.

However you can find a lot of nice 3D videos on Vimeo that work with GTV.

• Like Like x 2
  3. halox

halox New Member

Thanks, Cat - the vids I seem to be finding are of the anaglyph (red/blue) variety. Do you happen to know if there are "side-by-side" vids on Vimeo?

Also, for those interested, that FlickStream app works on Google TV and also has a bunch of super-old anaglyph 3D movies. I was watching DIAL M FOR MURDER last night and getting a kick out of it - I'd never seen it in 3D.

4. halox

halox New Member

For those that care about stereoscopic 3D content on their TVs through Google TV, I discovered the WEALTH TV 3D app tonight on the marketplace. It's a crappy name, for sure - I feel like a d-bag having something called "Wealth TV" in my app drawer - however, it works well on my Revue and has a bunch of 3D content for free. Because, apparently, wealthy people shouldn't have to pay for stuff.

https://market.android.com/details?...=W251bGwsMSwxLDEwMiwiY29tLndlYWx0aHR2LnBwdiJd

And here's a link to their site for the kinds of content they have. They even have a Live Stream on their app, which seems to work.

WealthTV in High Definition and 3D

What are you waiting for? C'mon, are you poor or something?

Last edited: Jan 31, 2012