Quantcast

3d not working from any apps

Discussion in 'LG Internet TV' started by GFindley, Feb 3, 2014.

1. GFindley

GFindley New Member

I have tried running a 3d movie from an external usb hard drive and over my lan using dlna, and es file explorer. The 3d movies play, but when i hit the 3d button the only option available is 2d to 3d conversion. Side by side, top bottom ect. are now all gone... Any ideas?

2. Fomol620

Fomol620 Active Member

what happened when you connect USB HDD directly to the TV, will it recognize the file as 3D then? whats happening is that the TV does not recognize the file as 3D, so either its a bad file (not 3D format) or the dlna server is doing something to it that makes the TV think its 2D.

3. GFindley

GFindley New Member

No, but if i use the RGB input and display a movie using my laptop it recognizes the 3d and lets me turn it on. The laptop, however, is old and playing HD 3d makes it skip and stutter like crazy so its unwatchable. Actually, i noticed i dont even have to have 3d content on the screen with the RGB input. It'll let me turn it on any time I want. Of course with no 3d content it just makes everything hard to see. I used to have my main PC hooked up to it and that also worked fine, but i have moved and my PC is now in the basement of the new house so i want the 3d to work using an app. The 3d movies are side by side. I have a Panasonic video camera with a 3d conversion lens and only have this problem playing movies using any app from the TV itself. The TV will show the content, but its kinda like watching a split screen duplicate without 3d turned on.

4. Fomol620

Fomol620 Active Member

if you are using the RGB input (VGA) then the TV is not recognizing a 3D signal. not because one is not being sent, but because that is a Analog input, which explains why you have all of the 3D options regardless of 3D content on the screen or not.

as far as it not playing in 3D when using DLNA, it could be the DLNA program you are using. Try using another DLNA program and see if it makes a difference. it may also be that 3D via DLNA is not supported, but i doubt this as it probably is determined by which DLNA program you are using.

what app are you using? what DLNA program are you using? walk me through what you have, how its set up, the motions you go through to try and play something...