Quantcast

3.2 Update - No Market Access

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by millermoto, Jun 11, 2012.

1. millermoto

millermoto New Member

Launching the Google Play Market results in black screen

After the 3.2 update I have not been able to load Google Play. I get 'loading' for a while then a black screen. If I wait long enough an error will appear that says to check network connection or refresh. I've seen some others report this but haven't seen it resolved anywhere. Here's some of the things I've tried:

• Tried both ethernet cable and wifi
    • Multiple factory resets on the revue
    • A new Google account
    • Static IP config and Auto dhcp
    • Multiple reboots of modem/router/revue
    • Changing DNS in router from Google DNS 8.8.8.8 to open DNS 208.67.222.222
    • Changing wireless security on router
    • Removing wireless guest account on router

I can't think of anything else to try right now but I'm sure I'm missing something. Has anyone seen this get resolved elsewhere or have any more ideas for troubleshooting?

Thanks

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Try doing a factory reset of your router and power cycle your modem. If it still doesn't work then factory reset your Revue again. Do the steps in that order.

3. MrSpeeb

MrSpeeb New Member

I believe the wireless part is a red herring. I am having the same problem and my Revue is hardwired to my network.

4. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Yes the problems seem to be more centered around the router. Some of the post update issues have been corrected by doing a factory reset of the router. And then after that sometimes a factory reset of the Revue is required. There could also be some bugs in the update itself. I'm still on the 3.1 update - patiently waiting to receive 3.2.

If the above steps don't fix your issue - then as a troubleshooting measure - I suggest removing your router and connecting directly to modem and see if this fixes the issue. Others have reported this fixes many of the issues.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2012
  5. arrowrand

arrowrand New Member

I had this issue. Resetting my router wasn't an option as I'm not willing to redo my complete router configuration for the Revue when everything on my network is working just fine. I did a factory reset on the Revue because the update wiped my Google account and settings anyway. Everything on the Revue works fine now.

Don't start with resetting your router. Start with resetting the device that is giving you trouble and then decide from there if you're willing to reset your router.

6. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

First,

1 • Try these steps (Tip: if an "App" is not updating?).

If not,
    2 • Try this,

• Clear Video history & data/settings on Google Server - follow these steps. (mainly step a ,e ,f ,g & h).
    • Perform a Factory-reset on Revue - see this link.
    • Re-perform these steps again (Tip: if an "App" is not updating?).

If not,
    3 • Try this,

• Connect Revue directly to your Modem (bypass the router).
    • Reboot your Modem.
    • Reboot Revue (UnplugPower cord & any USB device, wait few min & replug Power cord).

If the direct connections from Revue to modem failed, try suggestion #4.
    or,
    If the issue resolved with direct connections from Revue to modem, but the issue persists after reconnecting via the Router, try suggestion #4,

• Try this,

• Clear Video history & data/settings on Google Server - follow these steps. (mainly step a ,e ,f ,g & h).
    • Perform a Factory-reset on your Router (& set it up with mini configurations).
    • Reboot your Modem.
    • Perform a Factory-reset on Revue - see this link.

Good luck

7. millermoto

millermoto New Member

Thanks Revue5

1. Not possible without market
    2. Tried but can't do 2c without market
    3. Revue shows no ethernet connection with direct connect to modem so no go
    4. Will have to try this later - hesitant to factory reset router just for the revue - it costs more than the revue and affects my whole house.

I'm beginning to doubt the wisdom of spending much more time with this thing. It was all working well with 3.1 for months and I think I got my $99 worth while it lasted. Something has obviously changed on the services end. I'll just switch back to Windows Media Center where TV, Netflix, and Plex still work just fine. Maybe the upcoming Visio or other Chinese gtv devices will work.