Quantcast

3.1 Update- Says Update But Can Not Find It

Discussion in 'Sony Blu-Ray Set Top Box' started by popeye123, Dec 1, 2011.

1. popeye123

popeye123 New Member

home page lower bar says update-hit it and market apps come up and I see nothing that says update to update Where are they?
    help appreciated thxs

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Go into the Android Market then click on My Apps on the upper-right hand corner. Then on the next page the left side pane should indicate which apps have updates available.

3. popeye123

popeye123 New Member

Yep-have done that and have seen on the right update. But keep seeing those updates and look and update or any reference to update is not there.
    What could that indicator mean?
    Thanks.

4. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Sorry, you're going to have to rephrase that as I do not understand. Is there an update listed in the Android Market or not?

5. popeye123

popeye123 New Member

I do not know.
    On home page lower icons. Lately see balloon on first icon and it says updates available. I clicked on that and see apps and on right of apps see nothing that says update to click on to update. I tried searching so go to my apps as well and same screen with npthing to click on to update or anthing mentioned updated. Normally saw updates and went to my apps, even on phone, it comes up update and you have the option of installing. Last couple of updates, some had #2 in bubble, nothing there
    Hope that explains it better.
    Thanks.

6. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Not really, no.

7. popeye123

popeye123 New Member

Yep have seen that and I am looking for that. Don't you get as well a update indicator on the first bottom home screen when there is an update?
    I get that and do not see "update". Used to

8. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Yes, I have seen the numeric counter for notifications on the bottom left-hand side of the Home bar. I've also seen the related notifications indicating that there is an "update available". However, clicking on the notification does not always open the Android Market, let alone into its My Apps section. That is why I took a screenshot of the My Apps section of the Android Market, so you'll be able to manually find where the updates should be.

You should also check all the notification messages. I've noticed that the apps which were included with the operating system will auto-update. This does not need manual intervention but will show a subsequent message that they have been "successfully installed".