Quantcast

2 questions concerning power and media player

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by dtlove129, Nov 17, 2011.

1. dtlove129

dtlove129 New Member

1. The search function doesn't work when finding media that is on my computer and connected to the GTV via tversity, correct?! It would only find that media if it was directly connected to my GTV, right?!

2. I haven't figured out all turning off of power and stuff. I shut down my TV last night and cable box and receiver (finally got it hooked up with this whole set up) and my GTV remained on. I then manual turned it off using the other button on my GTV remote. This morning I go into my living room and my GTV is on again. Suggestions? It's not that big of a deal, but I'm not sure how much juice this thing pulls and if I want it on 24/7.

Thanks

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

The items available for search are determined by options checked in the GTV Settings > Search > Seachable Items control panel. I honestly don't know why neither Sony or Logitech hasn't enable the capacity to search networked devices. Maybe this will be addressed eventually in a future update.

I do not have a Sony Google TV Blu-Ray Plater (NSX-GT1), but on my Sony Internet TV the setting is located at GTV Setting > TV settings > Eco > Quick start to toggle power for the Google TV component along with the television. You might have to get more familiar with the GTV Settings menus to see which options are available to you.

3. dtlove129

dtlove129 New Member

Thanks Eferz, yeah I thought I was correct. I have done the 2 things you mentioned above and the searching doesn't work because it is networked and I set up all the tv settings and blue ray settings to what seems like should make them all turn off at the same time. I don't remember the exact wording, but I turned 2 things on that said something like allow all hdmi connected devices to tv to power with the tv and the other one said something about auto power down after 2 hours.

4. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

I believe those are completely different things.

Echo

• Power saving (Change the power consumption)
    • Quick Start (Set the TV to power on quickly)
    • Idle TV standby (Automatically turns off the TV after a set period of inactivity)
    • Auto shut-off (TV automatically turns off if no signal is detected for 15 minutes)
    • Light Sensor (Optimize brightness according to ambient light)
    HDMI settings
    • Control for HDMI (Allow the TV to control compatible HDMI devices)
    • Device auto power off (Power off HDMI devices with the TV)
    • TV auto power on (Power on the TV with an HDMI device)
    • Device list (List HDMI controlable devices)
    First of all, the HDMI settings are using HDMI-CEC (Consumer Electronic Control) this will send a signal through the HDMI chain for the compatible device to shut itself off. The only devices that are compatible with this features are the ones listed in "Device list". Also, I believe if you have the GTV Settings > Picture & sound > Screensaver enabled then it overrides the "Idle TV standby" and "Auto shut-off" options. Which I personally think is a bug.