Quantcast

15 Technologies Of Today We'll Still Be Using In 2030

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by CatfishRivers, Aug 12, 2012.

1. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

15 technologies of today we'll still be using in 2030 - Gadgetbox on NBCNews.com (click for full article)

From the article:

"Back when I was growing up in the 1970s, we fully expected that, by 2012, we'd all be driving flying cars to our condos on the moon where robotic butlers awaited, ready to bring us the cure for cancer from the bathroom first-aid kit.

How's all of that working out? Sure, we now have faster, smaller computers, smartphones that talk back to you and smart TVs, but in so many areas of technology the pace of change is slower than Windows Vista booting off a floppy disk.

A few months ago, I wrote an article about 15 technologies that will be gone by the time my infant son is old enough to use them. However, barring a zombie apocalypse, there are plenty of mainstays that my son will still be using when he enters college in 2030."

Last edited: Aug 12, 2012
  2. crawlernight11

crawlernight11 New Member

By 2030, there would be no paper cash. Since by that time, the number of trees, which the Earth has, will be obsolete. So, people will be using mobile transfer or the technology wherein they can easily transfer the amount from one Smartphone to another by Bluetooth kind of technology. And there will be solar powered cars and transport where you will never be using any kind of fossil fuel. I think it will be a great era to live in.

3. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

If posts from this forum are still accessible in 2030, I can say I know I will still be using the various 5" shiny discs and I hope to be alive to post confirmation of that fact right here. I must own about 10,000 of those in total (CD, DVD, Blu-ray, SACD, DVD-A, HD DVD) and play a couple a day on average but it will take me that long to play everything I own just once. Will anybody else still be using 5" shiny discs, some of those formats are already obsolete or close to obsolescence.