Quantcast

15 Million Households Watch Online Video Via Gaming Console Source: Gaming Consoles

Discussion in 'More News from Your Google TV News Team' started by Rickaren, Nov 12, 2011.

1. Rickaren

Rickaren New Member Staff Member

Gaming Consoles The Main Source For Online TV Viewing

11/12/2011

Man, gaming consoles have way more capabilities than when I was playing my Sega Genesis nonstop back in the day. Machines like the Xbox 360, Wii, and Playstation 3 have become increasingly powerful and able to do more than just play games, and online video is a big part of it. You can watch Netflix and Hulu on these consoles. And it's no surprise that when Strategy Analytics did a study, that this is the source that most households use when watching online video on their TV sets, even more than when people hook up their PC though an HDMI cable.

Continue Reading entire artile @ Source: Gaming Consoles The Main Source For Online TV Viewing
    Gaming Consoles The Main Source For Online TV Viewing

2. MStrawder

MStrawder New Member

Can't say as I agree that gaming consoles are a threat to Google TV and others like Boxee. I think each serves a particular role or desire. While I'm looking for that all-in-one video connectivity solution, video gaming isn't necessarily in that equation. I sat down with the kids about 2 days ago and played my old PS2 with them for the first time in about a year. Probably 6 months since I touched the Wii. Video game console manufacturers are going to concentrate their efforts on producing hardware that will play and render games in the best manner possible. I don't foresee them concentrating their efforts on local media playback, web browsing, or internet video streaming. In the same way that I don't foresee me being able to pop COD into my Revue anytime soon.