Quantcast

13 India Travel Tips that Might Just Save Your Life

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by guoos, Sep 6, 2019.

1. guoos

guoos New Member

Colossal, multicultural, utterly beautiful, spiritual and fascinating: these words sum up India. It’s not just a destination but an experience. However, if you are travelling to India for the first time, it can be overwhelming and daunting. Fret not! We bring you some travel tips for visiting India, which might just save your life and make your stay in India seamless, safe and super.

Know the Entry Requirements
    To enter India, you need to have a valid passport, an Indian visa and a return/onward ticket. If you’re visiting as a tourist and your period of stay is no longer than 30 days, apply for ‘Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA)’. To know more about ETA, visit the official website of Indian Government. Apply online prior to arrival.

Take it Slow and Steady
    India is vast and incredibly diverse. From the Himalayas in the north to the serene backwaters in the South to the coastal countryside in the East to the arid deserts in the West, India is brimming with places to be explored. Do not cram everything in a single trip, but explore it bit-by-bit.

It’s advisable to start with the classics, i.e., the ‘Golden Triangle’ that includes Delhi, Jaipur and Agra. Or, follow your interests. If you’re into spirituality, head to Varanasi; for trekking and adventure, Himachal Pradesh; for shopping, Mumbai and Delhi; for Ayurvedic massages, Kerala; for a royal vacation experience, Rajasthan; for beaches, water sports and remnants of Portuguese culture, Goa; for a French atmosphere, Pondicherry.

2. vogoisk

vogoisk New Member

I am going to visit Australia at the beginning of the year, so I am reading reviews and I see that everyone rents cars. I can't drive, I’ll have to do something to get myself out of this. In Australia, first of all, I am interested in natural beauty, and the main cities, of course. Here's my route:
    1. Sydney
    2. Melbourne
    3. Tasmania
    And the main questions are:
    1) What are the nearest attractions in these places convenient to reach by public transport?
    2) If not by public transport, please tell me some of the proven companies organizing group excursions.