Quantcast

1080i In (Wisdom is this really true?)

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by SolutionsEtc, Mar 4, 2013.

1. SolutionsEtc

SolutionsEtc Member

Referencing your 'getting started' thread I note you suggest the input to the CoStar needs to be 1080i for it to work properly.

I plan to put the CoStar in line between a Tivo HD and a Pioneer SC-07 (which feeds a 720p plasma). I, of course, have the Tivo set to output 720p. And since most of the programming I watch is broadcast in 720p, it seems silly to upconvert and interlace to 1080i > CoStar > SC-07 > and then downconvert/deinterlace at the SC-07 or the TV. The Pioneer has very good downconversion, but the Tivo's upconversion is not so hot, so I stand to loose some picture quality (especially ESPN and other 720p broadcast sports).

So my question is whether this is really necessary, and what is the downside to inputting 720p to the CoStar?

Thanks!

-ss

• Like Like x 2
  2. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

Hi

Check to see if there is an Auto resolution option. The Logitech Revue has this option. I'm sure the Vizio a more advanced unit should have it also. Why settle for less?

Carl

• Like Like x 4
  3. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

I have a Tivo connected to a plasma TV also, the Tivo is set to 720p, 1080i and I set the Co-Star to auto, works like a charm, no problem thus far ... Give it a test run and see how it goes on your plasma TV .... My LCD TVs Tivo connected are set to 1080i, Co-Star is set to auto ....

• Like Like x 2
  4. SolutionsEtc

SolutionsEtc Member

Will do (I was planning to)... I was just curious about the 1080i setting mentioned in your previous post.

Guess we'll see. I'm looking forward to playing with it.

thanx

• Like Like x 2