Quantcast

0.1% of Android Users on Honeycomb

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by guest, Jan 4, 2014.

1. guest

guest Active Member

If you're using the Logitech Revue, you're part of that "elite" 0.1%.
    ----

Android users are scattered among eight different versions: Froyo (1.6%), Gingerbread (24.1%), Honeycomb (0.1%), Ice Cream Sandwich (18.6%), Jelly Bean 4.1.x (37.4%), Jelly Bean 4.2.x (12.9%), Jelly Bean 4.3.x (4.2%) and KitKat (1.1%).

Infographic of the day: The 12 steps of an Android upgrade - Apple 2.0 -Fortune Tech

2. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I am surprised by that number and it appears I am among a very tiny group once again.

3. overtimeman

overtimeman Active Member

Yep I seen that comparison before and while 3.2 gets you into most sites I have seen the you need to upgrade your browser message.All we can do is wait and hope Sony engineers has the next upgrade ready when it's released.The upgrade from Chrome 11 should be interesting.No my Sony GS7 isn't perfect but I would be lost without it!

4. ChrisG8

I primarily use the Sony NSZ-GT1, my GS7 isn't even connected right now, I like the GT1 better since it includes Blu-ray/DVD and everything including disc playback can be handled by the female head of household without switching HDMI inputs or controllers. When the GS7 is updated to Jelly Bean, I will reconnect it but I moved it from the home theater and haven't gotten around to reconnecting it in the den. I am pretty sure the GT1 will never get Jellybean.

5. zim2dive

zim2dive Active Member

CES is starting up.. if we don't hear any GTV news this week..... well....

I've hooked my Co-Star back up just for the Amazon streaming.. altho frankly it's better to use the Amazon app on my Sony BluRay :(

6. guest

guest Active Member

What's the deal with Gingerbread? Why would 24.1% of the Android-using universe still be using it when it's upgradeable to Honeycomb, Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean? Logitech Revue users have an excuse for using Honeycomb - the device can't be updated! No Google TV device uses Gingerbread, though.

7. ChrisG8

No, I think that 24.1% is still on Gingerbread because no easy upgrade to a newer version is available. The average user can't hack and many of the manufacturers of those early smart phones and tablets aren't upgrading the devices.

• Like Like x 2
  8. ChrisG8

I was going to disconnect my Co-Star and put the NSZ-GS7 in its place but the NSZ-GT1 works so well in the same room, I haven't bothered yet. I did use the Co-Star for a second ESPN3 stream when I needed two running simultaneously watching live sports events and switching during commercials but Roku added ESPN3 recently, it works better for ESPN3 so that use is no longer needed. Other than checking on a described Co-Star problem or question I see mentioned here, trying to offer help, I have little use for the Co-Star, it is the worst Google TV device I have owned. I could use it if I didn't have other models, it is OK, but the design differences Vizio decided on are all negatives to the way I use Google TV. I guess if somebody wants IR control directly from the remote and likes the Vizio remote, it would be a good box. I don't like the remote and want IR control from the box and IR emitter cables. Vizio tried really hard, at least at first, but I am sure this thing has been a money loser for Vizio just as Sony's Google TV models prior to the NSZ-GU1 were money losers.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

Yeah, the Co-Star was really disappointing. On all the devices I tried the Menu was pretty straight forward. But I found the Co-Star Menu too convoluted. The keyboard was worse than useless. I still think the Logitech Revue was the best even w/out updates. At least as far as surfing, e-mail & search. If I could find a refurbished unit on the cheap I would happily purchase another one.